Hope everyone had a safe family Thanksgiving. Now begins our busy time before Christmas.
1. The Pearl Harbor Commemorate on December 7th at Tonaquint Cemetery plan to be there by 10:30am As the Commemorate starts right at 10:48am (lasts about 8-10 minutes).
ALSO, we will have Jeffery J McKenna there to sign his book “Saving Dr. Warren …”A True Patriot” (Lee Warren – Flag Man is a descendant) from 10:00am to 11:00am. Books will be on hand for purchase. Social distancing and Masks are a requirement.
2. Wreaths Across America on December 19th at 10:00am at Tonaquint Cemetery 11:00am St George Cemetery. The Normal program has been cancelled but volunteers are still needed to help place the wreaths on Veterans graves. If you would like to volunteer call Valorie King 714-686-2496 and let her know which cemetery you would like to volunteer at. Thanks in advance for your help.
3. Wreaths Across American on December 19th Tony Kuhlmann or Cathy Barnes 435-229-6101 are placing wreaths at the Cemeteries in Santa Clara, Ivins, Washington, Hurricane, La Verkin, Rockville, Virgin, Toquerville, Enterprise and Springdale — If you would like to donate towards the Wreaths or help place the wreaths at these cemeteries please call Tony or Cathy. Thanks in advance for your help.
4. The American Legion Auxiliary will be putting together the Christmas Bags for the Veterans in the Southern Utah Veterans Home (SUVH), Assisted living homes, WWII and Korean Veterans and other members of Post 90/Unit 90. Volunteers are needed to deliver the Christmas bags this year. We are not allowed into any of the facilities due to Covid (they are required to make sure that the bags are Covid free before they are handed out to the residents of the facilities and by the restrictions we can only put the Christmas bags on the door knobs at private homes). The more volunteers that we have the better the area and number of packages can be divided up so it would take only 1 day to deliver. Delivery of the Christmas bags hopefully can be done December 14th-16th
5. If you are planning on renewing your American Legion Membership for 2021 with Post 90 and need help this year please give me a call. We do not want to lose you from the American Legion Family. Your current 2020 membership expires on 12-31-2020 but can be reinstated after 1-1-2021.
6. CHARGERS ARE NEED FOR OLD PHONES as the American Legion has a project called POINT IN TIME where they give older phones to homeless Veterans for them to use by most times the chargers are missing. If you have any laying around please call me and I would be happy to pick up and get them to the Sponsor of the program.